Keep Your Devices Secure
Protect Against Cyberthreats
Hackers attack every 39 seconds, attempting to steal personal and financial data.
Are you doing everything in your power to protect your data and devices? Here are some tips for securing your computer and mobile devices:
- Safeguard your device. Use strong passwords and biometric features (fingerprint or face recognition authentication) to secure your computer and mobile devices.
- Install security software. Use anti-virus software to protect your computer and mobile phone. Set your preferences to automatically update software.
- Avoid malicious apps. Download apps directly from a secure app store.
- Be wise with Wi-Fi. Don’t send personal information from your laptop or phone using public Wi-Fi.
- Click with caution. Avoid phishing scams by not opening files or clicking on links from sources you don’t know.
- Turn off autofill. Some websites and apps automatically fill in your information. Although this saves time, it’s best to turn off this feature for security reasons.
- Log out. Always log out of websites and apps when you’re done.
For more information about protecting against cybercrime, contact Seaside National Bank & Trust at 407.567.2222 or visit http://www.seasidebank.com.
Tags: identity theft